About the Job
Type of Position: Nonexempt
Reports To: Director of Quality Assurance
The Credentialing Specialist will work with our Traveling Healthcare Professionals and Staffing Managers to acquire and maintain all Pre-Employment and Onboarding Documentation. The Credentialing Specialist will deliver documentation to satisfy the requirements of each Client. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all Traveling Healthcare Professionals and Clients regarding compliance matters.
- Establishes strong relationships and displays excellent customer service skills.
- Obtains and validates information for traveler personnel files; including but not limited to: certifications, licenses, health information, background checks, drug screens and mandatory testing.
- Updates Database to accurately represent travel employee file documents, including expiration dates.
- Helps identify missing documentation, searches for and investigates potentially concerning information, to ensure files are kept current and compliant, and necessary information is conveyed to Clients.
- Makes phone and email contact with New Hire and Current Traveling Healthcare Professionals to retrieve missing.
- Updates VMS technology and emails documentation to Clients as required to maintain compliance with Client standards. Communicates with Client regarding file status.
- Communicates with Traveling Healthcare Professionals to ensure documents are received in a timely manner to clear the Traveling Healthcare Professional for start date.
- Provides potential solutions for issues as necessary. Communicates potential concerns related but not limited to delayed starts, to all involved parties.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance with LRS Healthcare, The Joint Commission, and Client standards prior to commencing and throughout the duration of the Traveling Healthcare Professional’s assignment.
- Assists with Client and The Joint Commission audits as requested.
- Assists team members as necessary.
Assists with administrative duties and special projects as requested.
Education, Job Experience and/or Required Licenses:
- College degree preferred
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and comply with policies and procedures as outlined.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. LRS Healthcare recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
If you want to be challenged to work with a growing HR and payroll team that serves an employee base of over 1,500 employees (and growing) in multiple locations throughout all 50 states, and have control to drive change and have an impact using a modern advanced software, then we can’t wait to meet you! Click on Apply Now and let’s start the conversation today!