About the Job
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Payroll Manager
Summary/Objective: Responsible for performing all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives. The majority of the employee’s time is spent planning, coordinating and performing the functions of the payroll department. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
- Maintains systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes, and third-party payments)
- Analyzes and performs the input of payroll data to produce accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws/regulations.
- Performs all payroll tax filings and any required state, federal and local reporting.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure accurate and timely setup of all employees as well as performs periodic audits to verify accurate employee data.
- Collaborates with accounting team to ensure proper payroll accounting
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures and applicable state/federal/local regulations.
- Answers inquiries and provides information; researches and resolves payroll problems and discrepancies.
- Participates in all payroll audits and serves as payroll liaison for all financial related audits.
- Maintains system of accurate record-keeping and performs all payroll reporting
- Assistance with the periodic calculation of commission employees’ margin
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
Education, Job Experience and/or Required Licenses:
- Proven experience with multi-state payroll and taxes
- Proven experience with reimbursements and various pay packages often attributable to the travel industry
- Current and updated knowledge of payroll laws for multiple jurisdictions
- Strong willingness to continue learning and developing as regulations change
- Familiarity with payroll software (UltiPro) and Microsoft excel desired
- Highly detailed, organized and analytical
- Proficient communication skills – both written and oral
- Able to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant certification (i.e. CPP) is a plus
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not require direct supervisory responsibility.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit and stand; occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. LRS Healthcare recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.